Monday, April 12, 2010

From the UD Friends and Family sale

Over the weekend I received my package from the F&F sale.  The only thing I purchased was one of the 24/7 duos with the Grindhouse sharpener; after the discount and shipping the whole thing cost $25, which is a little bit more than I like to spend on eyeliner pencils BUT I've heard glorious, marvelous stories about that sharpener.  The colors I picked were Binge and Bourbon.









When I first looked at Bourbon, I thought it would be similar to the Corruption pencil that came with the 24/7 super stash dealio.  In real life Corruption (left) is a little darker, more like a blackened brown, and Gold is deeper and warmer--a bronze rather than a true gold.  Bourbon is actually pretty true to life in this picture.



So this little dealio is worth $9 according to the UD website.  I never, ever, EVER thought I would pay that much for a pencil sharpener--seriously, I can get sharpeners for less than a buck when stores come out with school supplies for kidlets.  I technically didn't pay full price for it so I don't know if I've gotten $9 worth of awesome yet, but I'm a little bit in love.  With other sharpeners my eyeliner pencils tend to break in weird spots, or the wood will splinter, or the blade just isn't sharp enough to begin with and just can't tear through my pencil.  This little behbeh is perfect.  If there's another sale I definitely recommend at least conseederingk this little puppeh.

No comments:

Post a Comment