Wednesday, April 28, 2010

More Porrish, Prease.

I've been watching waaaay too much South Park lately.  Before this year I'd only ever seen about 7 episodes.  It might've been 5, I'm not sure.  Now I've watched seasons 1 through 5 in the past two weeks, and I'm almost halfway through season 6.  SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH MEEEEE

On a lighter note I went to Walgreens in search of the gorgeous Sally Hansen Hidden Treasure (search for swatches of it, this thing is marvelous) but, alas, Nebraska doesn't have that particular Sally Hansen 'collection' yet.  I picked up a few Sinful polishes, a pint of dulce de leche and a copy of "Run Fatboy Run".



From left to right:  I Love You, Social Ladder, Let's Meet



From left to right:

one coat of Social Ladder over WnW black creme

four coats of Social Ladder (this one is quite sheer, but that's to be expected)

three (?) coats of I Love You

three coats of Let's Meet



I wanted to show off the shimmer in Let's Meet; it's really quite pretty!  Every other time I've been to Walgreen's this color has been out of stock, and I can totally see why.  It's a slightly mustardy yellow with fine golden-pink shimmer.  This would be a sweet pedicure, if I liked feet.

I Love You is a true purple glitter in a sheer purple base.  The photos make it look darker and cooler than it is in person.  If you like purple, most def get this behbeh.

Social Ladder is much prettier than the photo shows.  It's a faint pink/nearly white shimmer polish with lots of tiny pink and green sparklies and a slight opalescent effect.  It's definitely a sheer color but it's buildable for anyone who hates visible nail lines.  I have to keep my nails super short for work, so that's not an issue around these here parts.

4 comments:

  1. I know, right?? Idk if Sinful is available in Australia, but if it is you should def grab a few of their polishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next time you look at Walgreen's for Hidden Treasure, check the displays. I found mine in a display, but it wasn't with the regular collection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My city must be out of the loop--we actually don't have any new Sally Hansen displays! The only one I've seen has permanent colors only. I'll keep my eyes open, though! Maybe I'll get lucky today :)

    ReplyDelete