Sunday, November 28, 2010

Making up for lost time

I realized* today that I haven't posted in almost two weeks.  That's RIDICULOUS.  Although, to be fair, during those two weeks I was having some pretty epic breakouts (still am, actually) and I haven't figured out why.  They appear to be slowing down and disappearing, but it's still really, REALLY uncomfortable.

It's funny because when I watch tutorials (a rare occurrence) some of the people apologize for their faces before zooming in on this magical mini spot that looked like a teeny tiny freckle or something, and they cover it witch concealer and no one would know better if they hadn't pointed it out.  The stuff on my face could not be covered.  I think it actually ate the concealer I tried to put on it, and used it as fuel to produce more of its ilk.  My left cheek actually got pretty close to forming the bottom half of the Orion constellation, which was kind of neat and science-y.

Anyway, looks I did prior to the weeks of sorrow:




Inner corner:  NYX Champagne


Outer corner:  NYX Rust, applied very lightly


Lid:  NYX Jade, topped with TKB Vintage Blue


Crease:  NYX Iced Mocha


Lower lashline:  random L'Oreal HiP lime green


Highlight:  I don't even know, probably the same white-pink used in a lot of other looks


.




This one doesn't even deserve posting... but I do it anyway.


Lid/crease:  L'Oreal HiP lime green, possibly from the Riotous duo


Highlight/inner corner:  pale shimmery cream color, probably from my old ass Aziza II palette.  I think that's the oldest makeup I own, probably from 2002-ish.  It's sad that it seems so old to me, but I've had it for nearly half of my life!


.




This was actually a major mistake.  For some incredibly clever reason I put a fleshtoned shadow all over the eye area, maybe to enhance blendability.  What it actually did was decrease the awesome and amplify the suckitude of the colors used.


Everywhere:  NYX Highlight


Outer corner/crease/upper lashline:  NYX Rust (it looks so sad and pink in this picture)


Lower lashline:  L'Oreal Color Chrome liner in Gold Charge


Highlight color:  WnW white-pink, which was also patted on the lid


.


*yes, I spell things with a "z".  Unfortunately, I also spell the color between black and white as "grey", which is very confusing for my spell checking self.

4 comments:

  1. I love the first one the most! Ugh, you are so creative with your color combos, and you pull them off so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Madam, you flatter me. Your words are like sweet flowers in a vase, brightening my day with their awesomeness.
    I actually worry about the color combos sometimes, like what I see in the mirror isn't actually what's going on with my face---I might think I'm wearing forest green and gold, but it's actually that weird baby poop color and mac-n-cheese yellow. That would be awful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg I love the matte shade in the centre of your lid in the first look :3 I'm pretty sure you could use the most obnoxious colours evar and they'd come off looking so feminine and prettay

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll take you up on that challenge! I have to figure out what colors to use, first... maybe hot pink with olive green, or a highlighter yellow + orange + blue fusionfest of love.

    ReplyDelete