Sunday, October 2, 2011

Smoking Guns and Gambling Nuns

Wouldn't that be the best Western EVER??





Lid and lower lashline: Fyrinnae Strip Poker (next time I'll use PE so I don't lose the sparkles)
Crease: mysterious Aziza II eyeshadow
Highlight and inner corner: SN Fire

Maybe someday I'll photograph the Aziza palette. I've had that thing since I was 14 or 15, which makes it old. How old? OLD AS BALLS.








Lid/lower lashline: ES Acolyte, possibly over Pixie Epoxy
Inner corner: a shitty blend of NYX Kiwi and Yellow (NOT Yellow Funk)

I love how Acolyte looks as a smokey eye. The only disappointment with this look is how shitty the NYX shadows were. I'd forgotten that I had those two, apparently for a good reason. Kiwi is supposed to be a beautifully pigmented lime green shimmer, and it's gorgeous in the pan. Yellow is a standard matte yellow GEE I HAD NO IDEA. Together they form... a disgusting muddy-bruise color.

Delicious.

I have to be honest, I felt pretty awesome in this makeup. I've never had much luck with the whole "smokey eye" thing before, but I think it was because I usually tried to use straight black colors and over-blended the crease/extended the color too far up toward the browbone. Lessons learned, my friends.

8 comments:

  1. "a disgusting muddy-bruise color" MY FAVOURITE!! For realzies :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!! Love the look on your face! This combination looks incredible on you :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh, both these looks are gorgeous on you! I especially love the green smokey eye, though, and it's brilliant with your eyecolor. And yes, smoking guns and gambling nuns WOULD be the raddest Western.

    ReplyDelete
  4. UNFFFFFFF Acolyte looks so good on you. <3 And I would love to star in Smoking Guns and Gambling Nuns, haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll start writing a screenplay. It will be a thing of beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why, thank you! I think smokiness mixed with colors makes all that darkness right around the eyeballs a lot easier to wear than straight black.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I try to make things fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. And YOU make it work, madam. I was just so disappointed because I was expecting, like, hot-blinding-chartreuse goodness with the way the eyeshadow looked in the pan and in swatches I've seen. NYX shadows have disappointed me ever since I got into indie makeup.

    ReplyDelete