Saturday, February 4, 2012

It's Complicated

I'm so frustrateeeeeeeeed







I haven't posted here for quite a while for several reasons. Right now my relationship with my makeup stash is a little complicated. This is partly due to certain products---the ELF primer that I was using inexplicably turned to utter crap after 2 months of use, and the liquid eyeliner that I purchased is preposterously difficult to remove, even with olive oil, and I don't want to wear it again until I can figure out a safe, non-painful way to get that shit off my eyes---and partly because I've been feeling pretty bleh. Recent [dramatic] events with the indie and mineral makeup community have left me a bit bummed out. I don't blame the makeup or the community for this and I don't want to pass judgement on the situation so I've just been avoiding it altogether.

I've also spent quite a bit of time reading, especially stories that are outside my usual tastes, and job hunting. So much job hunting. And with that hunting comes the need for boring or minimalistic makeup. At this point I'm considering discussing the things that I'm reading, or perhaps adding writing and novel structure to my list of acceptable blogging topics, but I haven't quite decided. On the plus side I have an assload (not a literal assload, that would be disgusting) of pictures for posting so there's going to be a bunch of stuff eventually.

Also, I'm as excited as Coco with a mothafuckin yogurt drop because The Woman In Black is out and I really want to see Daniel Radcliffe in sexy Victorian duds. Hoo boy.

2 comments:

  1. I started an office job and have had to do boring makeup, and I've been posting about it. So if I post my boring makeup, you should post your boring makeup >:D And we can be boring together!

    Over the past year I migrated away from the indie mmu community and started paying more attention to traditional cosmetics, and with everything that's happened recently I'm glad for that. I've had to swear off a couple of companies because of how they've acted, and it would really suck if I was still hardcore into indie mmu and had to swear off more. *sigh*

    I'd like to hear about what you're reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boring togetherness: excellent.

    MMU: I might start doing that. Maybe I'll come back eventually but I don't know how I feel about being invested in something with so much flux. Also, feeeeelings. I like to keep those to a minimum when dealing with makeups.

    Reading: oh HO! The last thing I (sort of) read was a Victorian-era murder mystery about a forensic scientist involved with some Irish riots. Great premise, terrible execution. Next up is Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell, fantasy fiction about ew19th century scientists who study magic. It's one of those huge, baby-crushing hard-cover books.
    I finally read Ender's Game last month and I'd like to read the complete works of Stephen King this year. I remember reading Cujo in middle school and being scared of my dog for the rest of the day.

    ReplyDelete