Saturday, October 23, 2010

Hard Candy Moon Glow: The Review

I haven't reviewed anything for AEONS and by aeons I mean months.

When I went to Walmart (aka DevilstoreTimestealer) to buy a window scraper for muh car I also grabbed a highlighting product on a whim.

The product in question is Hard Candy Moon Glow powder.  After I got home I looked up a few reviews before opening the compact.  Most of what I'd read was very positive, calling it a beautiful shimmery gold-based highlighter.  I love golden powders.  Unf.





For me, I found that this was more of a matte powder with golden sparkles.  Rather than highlighting my cheeks with shimmery goodness it deposited a few smallish gold glitter pieces and mattified my skin.  I did notice that it toned down the natural pinkness of my cheeks, so I can see myself using this when I need to fix some heavily applied blush or to mattify my cheeks when I'm in a hurry and don't feel like doing any other makeup.  This might also work as a browbone or inner corner highlight when using matte eyeshadows, or for blending outer corner/crease business.

I like the texture of the product; it's not so soft that a brush (or finger) really gouges into the powder, but also not too hard to deposit on said brush/fingerthing.

Long story made short:  I don't think this product is right for me.  It's a little too matte for my preference in highlighters, but contains too many sparkles to be an allover powder.  I'll use it, but won't repurchase.

1 comment:

  1. Oh man that's an awkward product - not shimmery enough to be a highlighter, not matte enough to be a face powder :S

    I would probably use it as a brow highlight as you mentioned :)

    ReplyDelete