Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Rickety Cricket and the Pop Star Zombie

This is the finished result of that thingy I posted on Sunday. I liked how it turned out; I don't think I've done green and magenta-purple before, so it was fun trying something different.

On a related note, does anyone have advice on getting bright colors to show up accurately? The apartement faces the wrong direction to get any sunlight now that it's winter, and the camera flash washes out the colors something awful, especially with pink, purple and red eyeshadow.
.
.
This is my seductive face.


The cuttingest crease I've ever tried. Not very sharp, but at least I'm learning things.






Eyes
Lid: AL Cricket over PE
Crease: AL Boilingpoint and ES Zombie
Lowerlashline: more Cricket and Boilingpoint
Inner corner: SM Pop Star Meltdown
Highlight: NYX Milk JEP, cream from WnW Vanity palette, Pop Star Meltdown
Liner: Palladio Eye Ink, black

Skin
Revlon Colorstay oily/combo foundation in Buff, used as an overall base and layered lightly on blemishes as a concealer
CoverGirl oil control powder in light? I'm too lazy to go check, my makeup is way over in the bathroom.
ELF bronzing quad thing in Warm or Golden, used as a blush toward the back of my cheeks

Mouf
AL lipbalm in Yuzu (maybe?)
a tiny bit of foundation (jizzlips lol) to mute my natural lip color
Maybelline ColorSensational lipstick in Champagne Shimmer, which is supposedly a dupe for UD's Midnight Cowboy lipstick. It's very shimmery without being chunky-glittery or even very frosty. It is a LITTLE frosty but I like it because it's such a sheer product. It had a weird, firm, balmy consistency, more like a Burt's Bees lipbalm than the new Revlon Lip Butters.

7 comments:

  1. teeheee "seductive face" YOU GOTZ IT! :D
    Cricket looks sweet with boiling point. I think that's one of the few AL shades I don't even have a sample of. Maybe. Gotta check the binder of forgotten dreams aka sample binder.
    And YAY SUNNY REFERENCE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and I have no idea how to not wash the colours out other than the zoom really close and press the flower and don't move. Like at all. If you dare breathe you just murdered a kennel of puppies probably. My colours turn out wonky sometimes so I just take a billion pictures until something looks the closest to what I see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No! NOT THE PUPPIES! You're probably right; I should level up my holding-still skills and just take more photos. I usually only do five to ten.

    And YAY SUNNY! I loved the last episode about 'why' Mac is fat. So awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you for mentioning Rickety Cricket! He cracks my shit up!

    This look is amazing! And SUCH a fantastic cut crease!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is amazing! I love the episode where Dee (first) ruined his life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOOOL your seductive face is bloody amazing <3 I love green and pinks and purples together, so I love this. The frosty nude lip is mega cute too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seductive face: why THANK YOU! And how may I seduce you today?

    Frosty nude lip: isn't it?? I think frost + nudes works better than other frosty lip colors, but maybe I'm just biased.

    ReplyDelete