Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Swatched: Revlon 'Love That Pink'

Although I've been curious about them I'm just too cheap and lazy to go buy MAC lip products (or any of their products, really) and the thought of buying something so much more expensive than my usual products makes me nervous, so I've been looking for dupes of the things I want. One of those things was Impassioned; based on swatch photos found online it looked like it would be the perfect shade of melon pink. Several blogs suggested Revlon Super Lustrous lipstick in Love That Pink as a dupe. I grabbed it at The Store Which Must Not Be Named for just over 6USD and started swatching it.





I love how it looks in the tube, although these photos are inaccurate. It's more of a vibrant neon pink with a sploosh of coral. In certain lighting it can look a bit like a neon red.

Below: Morgana Cryptoria Azalea, Love That Pink



I've swatched it next to MC Azalea (which looks like Girl About Town) for reference. This photo is much closer to how it translates on the lips; it's still very obviously pink, but it's not as cool-neutral as I had been hoping. It's very creamy and pigmented and I love the way it feels when it's on: smooth and somewhat moisturizing, but not so creamy that it feels like it's sliding around. It also mattes down very easily with blotting. I haven't tested the longevity yet but I don't think I'll really care either way because I really dig this thing. I love how bright and crazy it is---it's dramatic slash polished slash cute and makes me look alive instead of awkward.

3 comments:

  1. I loooove Impassioned so I'll have to stalk this down next time I'm out shopping. I'm curious as to which store you refuse to refer to ;]

    ReplyDelete
  2. hurr hurr... starts with a W, ends with an Almart. I can't help it, their makeup is SO much cheaper than at the drugstore.

    ReplyDelete