Friday, March 16, 2012

More things of Old

First I want to make you listen to this.  It's a complete recording of Smokescreen by Willis, aka the song from that sexy Fiat commercial.  This woman has an amazing voice.  It's like vaporized sex.







.

Makeup time!  Mostly old things from late January and all of February.  It's high time I got caught up on things so I can start sharing all the lip products I've been sampling.

Hint:  it's really not THAT much for a typical makeup blogger but I never thought I'd have so many lip thingies.







Lid:  probably WnW minty green (nearly identical to ES Wyvern) over Pixie Epoxy and NYX Mermaid Green on the outer half over the cruddy ELF Eyelid primer

Crease:  the powder portion of the ELF Eyebrow Kit thingy (a matte, ashy brown that isn't quite taupe)

Lower lashline:  ... TKB Trading Mermaid Gold on the inner half and more Mermaid Green on the outer, methinks

Cheeks:  probably NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder (whew!)  in Sunny

Check out my sweet hat.

.

I have no idea when this look happened, but I know that it's the last of those awful ELF primer looks.  I feel bad smack-talking that product because it wasn't so awful when  I STARTED using it.  It mysteriously turned to utter crap after a few months of use, which isn't too bad for something that cost a dollar.





Lid:  lots of Pixie Epoxy topped with TKB Trading Mermaid's gold on the inner half, TKB Trading Taurus Orion

Crease:  WnW matte black, found in several of their palettes.  Yeah, it looks like THIS over the ELF primer.  SUCH A SHAME.

Liner:  UD 24/7 liner in Oil Slick

.

Finally, something with a properly functioning primer!  I've started using CoverGirl Intense Shadow Blast in Beige Blaze.  It's a cream shadow-primer hybrid and I really, really like it.  G of Nouveau Cheap posted a review on this product last year.







Lid:  Morgana Cryptoria Crow's Nest over CG Beige Ablaze (henceforth my primer in all things eyeshadowy)

Liner:  also new!  Physician's Formula Eye Booster 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner + Serum (whew!)

Lips:  Rimmel Vintage  Pink, dahlink

I feel so pretentious.

2 comments:

  1. 1. You're DIRECTLY responsible for my love of Vintage Pink. So, thank you, seriously.

    2. I love all these looks, and am adding them to my to-get list and my to-copy tumblr - but I gotta bust all up in this comment to squee about your HAT!!!! SO RAD! Mad love for homespun!!! That colorway is amazing! Did you make the hat yourself? Yay, knitting!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did make it! It's just a really wide Calorimetry knit with Lion Brand Homespun to make it extra cushy. I love it and need to do another one soon.

    ReplyDelete