Sunday, September 25, 2011

How the eff does green make silver-lavender?

I've been trying to use products that I've been neglecting (which would be all of my colorful makeup) and pulled out my old pot of Evil Shades Acolyte. I bought that last January (aka almost 2 years ago); I think Andrea was still messing with formulas at the time because my Acolyte looks different than most swatches of that particular shade.

what

You see that nice purpley-greyish-silvery color in the crease? That's Acolyte. The black-green on the upper lashline? Also Acolyte.
WHAT
I don't know. It's neat but I don't understand how it happened. This magic is beyond me.

Do you believe in magic?  MAKEUP MAGIC?

Lid: Random crappy shimmery cream-gold eyeshadow mixed with a bit of white-pink
Crease and upper liner: Evil Shades Acolyte (heavily blended in the crease)


GLITTAHTIME

buhbuhbuhbirdbirdbird

Extra blurry because that's how I roll.

AWWWW YEEEEEEEEAAAAAA

GBR

The crease was a bit more red in person, but the glitter photographed surprisingly well. I freaking love that stuff, even though it was a complete bear to apply. I had to take piece of tape and press it against my cheeks to pick up all the sparkly bits of goodness.

Irrelevant side note: I've been using blush more often but I tend to apply very lightly because it's REALLY HARD to do it right with the way my head is shaped. It's sort of a roundish-squarish-heart shape, so those weird picture guides that show where to place blush based on face shape are pretty much worthless. Anyway, if my face looks kind of red in the last picture that's why. I'M STILL LEARNING YOU GAIS (ladies)

Lid: TKB Trading silver holo glitter, pressed over Fyr Pixie Epoxy (which I haven't used in a looong time)
Crease: random matte brown mixed with Fyr Bite Me
Highlight (surprise! I used one!) : NYX JEP in white topped with plain face powder
Liner: Palladio Eye Ink on top, Milani LiquifEye down below

4 comments:

  1. Holy fucking fuckballs, excuse my swearing but that glitter look is INSANE. *_________* I need to recreate it and wear it everyday for a year. alsdklaksd;lka;lsdk *flails*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glitter + matte crease can be the new white/gold lid + brightly colored crease! DO EET!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That glitter look is amazeballs. Totes stealing it.

    ReplyDelete