Saturday, June 19, 2010

Blue like the ocean

and just as big.  Frig, I remember the episode where she had a baby.  I never thought that woman/thing/creature would be capable of reproduction

So somebody dared me to do the Mimi.  Does anyone remember this face?



I never noticed the drawn eyelashes on the bottom.  And those little roses in her hair?  It's enough to make you poop yer pants... not that I'd ever do that.







I didn't have the huevos to do both eyes.  I actually washed it off right after taking the photos.  If I ever (for some strange reason) have to recreate this monstrosity, I'll bring the blue higher on the browbone and use as many mattes as I can find, to give it an authentic feel.

Look what you've started, woman.  Are you ashamed of yourself yet?

***Interesting tidbit:  the actress who portrayed Mimi is actually a rather pleasant-looking woman.  She's also been promoting child literacy through her MrsP websitethingy.

Friday's look:







Oh we're gonna brush our teeth!

Lid:  TSS Roaring Metaphor

Liner:  UD 24/7 Corrupt (smudged on top lashline)

Mascara:  Smexy Curves, baybee

Today's for realsies look:







I tried to keep with the blue theme a little bit.  The blending is a little squiffy from the Pixie Epoxy, but it's pretty subtle in person thanks to the slightly shimmery/sparkly colors used.  I love the shimmer in Strip Poker; I initially expected the PE to darken the color, but it's actually rather subtle, and the coppery highlight makes it much easier to wear, especially for warm-skinned peeps.

Lid:  Fyr Strip Poker (outer 2/3) and Platinum (inner half, slightly overlapping Strip Poker)

Highlight:  theallnaturalface French Vanilla

Mascara:  Rimmel Volume Flash (why do I still have this?  it's so clumptacular)

6 comments:

  1. Should I be embarrassed to admit that I LOVE your interpretation of the Mimi? Agree with your comments on what it needs to be more authentic.... but the look you created is GORGEOUS on its own! I love the spiky drawn in lower lashes. I've been debating using that theme for myself for a while, but haven't figured out the best way to execute it.

    If I dared you to repeat that look for both eyes would you do it? Double dare!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DUDE you totally should've done both eyes, it's GORGEOUS. :O

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stop, you're embarrassing me!

    Just kidding, the flattery is awesome. I feel like a rockstar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spiky lower lashes are best with a dramatic lid! Maybe a matte white with some crazy bright crease color?

    And this double dare has been accepted!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As well you should.

    This look is hurting my pocketbook. I don't actually OWN white eyeshadow, but now I'm obsessing. I expect I will buy one soon enough, nevermind I'm already over budget this month.

    I just need to practice the spiky lowers-my other brush was perfect for a chunky bludgeon right at the lashline, but not so good for finishing delicate wings, or painting shapes. I'm working with a new brush now, so I just have to get brave enough to maybe mess up an otherwise OK look with experimentation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. [...] notice, if you please, how not-weird this is compared to that Mimi look I did earlier this year.  Gaze upon the flattering Ravenclaw hues, that row of sweet, sweet [...]

    ReplyDelete