Sunday, June 13, 2010

Lions playing Strip Poker in faraway Shangri-La

I went to a dollar-store today to grab a new candle, a bucket and some cleaning supplies.  Most of those candles smelt like monkeyarse, but there was a peach-mango one that made me pretty happy.  Some of the people creeped me out, though, especially the guy lurking at the entrance to the store.  He stood around while I checked out, then left the store right after I did, close enough to touch me if he wanted.  Thankfully he left me alone when I received a phone call.  ICKKCHHCHCKCURGH




Unfortunately, the fourth picture wouldn't upload.  I'll try to get in on later tonight.



Lid:  TSS Lions and Witches


Crease:  Fyr Strip Poker


Highlight/inner corner:  theallnaturalface French Vanilla


Liner:  Wet'n'Wild creme liner---pretty dry and skippy, so I tossed it  :(


Mascara:  Rimmel Volume Flash


Blursh:  Hard Candy Living Doll   ***I had a hard time getting good payoff from this; is there some super special way to apply it that I'm missing out on?


Lips:  Fyr Shangri-la

7 comments:

  1. Awww this is so pretty; I love it! Oh god that sounds too creepy about the guy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank yew!
    That man was totally creepy. It may very well have been a coincidence that he left right after me, but it was still super awkward. Beware the dollar/100yen/pound store!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And THAT is why I dislike going out in public, even to get groceries. It was terrible where I used to live, since you always had like, five different petitioners, catcallers, whatever, on the short walk to the bank.

    Love the yellow on this! It kind of pops the greener tones in your hazel eyes. The crease is nice too. I haven't tried any of fyrinnae's nude or neutral eye colors, so this was fun to see! Did you use a primer for this? I don't know most of the products listed....

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1) It's good that you moved out of that area! I live in Nebraska, which is generally a wholesome place, so I don't have too many problems.

    2) I LOVE Fyrinnae's neutrals! Most of them are still very interesting. I highly recommend trying Damn Paladins or Envy Me, as well as Atomic Afterglow. For primer I used Too Faced Shadow Insurance (silicone-based eye primer) and Fyrinnae's Pixie Epoxy (a sticky 'glue' for sparkly/glitter eyeshadows).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm. Will have to pick up samples of those colors at a later purchase date. I'm already due to buy more Epoxy, and full sizes of the brights I liked best.

    Nebraska? I have family there, and in areas like it. I don't know how you do it. I'm much more a city girl. I used to live downtown a fairly major city, which is where the people problems were. Now i'm in a neighboring suburban city and it makes me happy puttering around my garden, and then driving in to do fun stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL creepers are the best. And hngggg that lid colour is hot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Creepers are the best when they're sexay. This guy? Not so much. He's the kind of person I can see sniffing a stranger's hair or coaxing children into rickety vans.

    ReplyDelete