Thursday, June 17, 2010

Sealed with a Poisoned Zombie Kiss

I was in such a rush this morning that I didn't get a good picture of my makeup while it was still fresh.  Any skin makeup worn during the day typically melts right off by the time I head home, but whatevah.



See how smudgy that green is?



That's hot.



Literally---the high here was 94F, with humidity well over 60%.  I'm pretty sure parts of the city were in the upper nineties in the early afternoon.

Lid:  SN SWAK (Sealed With a Kiss)

Upper lashline:  Evil Shades (ES) Zombie

Lower lashline:  AL Poison Ivy

Highlight:  the usual

Mascara:  Rimmel Smexy Curves

This heat has made makeup pretty difficult.  I don't like the feeling of makeup when I'm working because of how much heat I'm dealing with right now, so I mostly keep things light and lazy for weekdays---hence the somewhat boring daily looks.  I try to save my colorful stuff for weekends, which is a little tricky because I go to religious services on Saturday afternoons.  How do you make bright colors church friendly?  Idk, man.  I just dk.

4 comments:

  1. That green is purrrty.

    And this = story of my life. 90% of the Australian calendar year I'm a sweaty man and my face makeup might as well be non existent D:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like me too! Louisiana is epic-ly hot and humid! Can't say I know how to make brights wearable for religious stuff (I normally go sans make up to ze mosque) but perhaps a bright liner or even pairing brighter colors with softer matte shades or even just the pop of color on the lower lashline?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, man---southeast US is ridiculous in the summer. I don't know how people survive the heat.

    I think I like the colored liner idea best, mostly because lower lashline colors tend to crease on my pretty quickly. I haven't really thought about it, but I have a ton of neutrals I could use for the lid color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Australia sounds like a tricksy beast. Mayhaps it has a mind of its own, like The Island?

    ReplyDelete