Monday, June 7, 2010

Derp-a-derp

This last week has been heystra busy---started a new internship (making cereal, sucka), moved into an apartment, bought real furniture and set it up, etc.---and I haven't actually worn much makeup to work aside from mascara.  Apparently I'm not allowed to wear nail polish ever because it's a food processing plant, and if (somehow) the polish chips and gets in the cereal it could (maybe) pose a (possible) health problem.

Makeups from Sunday and Monday!





Lid:  Fyrinnae Envy Me

Liner:  UD Binge

Lower lashline:  Fyrinnae We're All Mad Here

Highlight: same as always

Mascara:  Rimmel Volume Flash stuff







Lid:  AL Jessamine

Highlight/inner third of lid:  theallnaturalface French Vanilla

Lower lashline/waterline:  UD Yeyo

Mascara:  Rimmel Smexy Curves

Jessamine, why can't I photograph your stunning awesomeness, your comforting muted-sage color, your stunning green and white and whatever sparkles?  JESSAMIIIIIIIINE

3 comments:

  1. Hooray for food industries! I worked in it for years, even went to culinary school. The nail polish thing is disappointing. I freely admit though-my favorite experience was seeing all of the gross little hypocrisies that happen along the way.... people wearing protective gloves, but NOT removing them in between handling different food items, opening doors, handling dirty dishes(the proper term for that, you will find is "cross contamination")..... my biggest pet peeve happened because I had waist long hair, that was braided back. I'd be CONSTANTLY finding peoples shorter hairs in things, finding girls wearing "stylized ponytails" with chunks deliberately left out, shedding hairs every whichaway, and yet the MOMENT my manager saw ANY hair..... Guess who he lectures about how her hair is unacceptable and needs to be braided back tighter/covered with hair gel/etc. Like... Dude... Mine are around 3 feet long and dark red. You REALLY think that six inch, BLONDE hair came from ME?!

    Good luck with the new job, and may you have fun discovering new, awesome ways of doing your toenails, to compensate for the bare fingers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D Thanks for the hair insight! I can't believe your manager would be all up in your face about the hair, especially if it's the wrong color.
    I'm hoping for fun toe stuff, but I don't know if I'll post anything---feet make me kind of uncomfortable. Then again, it might be good for me to grow some nads and get over it. Everyone has feet, it's not like they're some horrible/cancerous disfiguration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heh, yeah. Feet are never the prettiest. No way I'd be brave enough to put mine up online. I did ballet for YEARS----my sister named my toes the "frankenfeet", and for a while, would name each individual discolored nail, blister, oddly placed callous, after famous artists. Those made for some interesting conversations....
    Me *sitting on couch with my feet up*
    Her *staring at my feet* "Ooooh, monet's put on weight! He's bigger! And Van Goghs looking really angry today-he's all red and puffed up"
    Me "?!"

    ReplyDelete