Thursday, March 24, 2011

Spring break makeups hurr hurr

Went to Chicago for a couple of days and actually wore makeup, which is AWESOME because that whole 'less sucky skin' thing makes it go far more quickly in the mornings.





Lid/crease:  ES Cerberus over Pixie Epoxy

Inner corner/highlight:  mmm.... possibly SM Silk Sheets, maybe AL Alyssum

Liner:  Covergirl marker thing, which I still love

The thing that drove me NUTS about these pictures is that they only show the coppery shimmer of Cerberus, making it look like a boring brown.  In reality it looked more like a deep red-maroon with strong (but not overwhelming) shimmer and just the tiniest hint of fuchsia at the edges.  The first photo is a little closer to what I mean, but still.  STILL.



Lid:  lightest matte from the WnW Vanity palette

Crease:  medium matte from WNW Vanity palette

Liner:  SM Gasoline Rainbow over Pixie Epoxy

Lower lashline:  shitty smudged eyeliner

Mascara:  Maybelline The Falsies Waterproof

Probably shouldn't have let the PE dry as much as it did, but whatevs.  I liked the way this looked.





Lid:  lightest matte from WnW Vanity palette

Crease:  darker shimmer from same palette

Highlight:  very tiny amount of the light gold in same palette

Liner:  Archetype Unseelie Court

Mascara:  Maybelline The Falsies waterproof

Crappy pictures of a pretty/simple look.  I really liked this, and I'm pretty bummed that the pictures don't show how nice it actually looked.  Such is life, yes?

3 comments:

  1. I love that coppery shade! I don't think it looks boring at all yo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't dislike the color, I'm just disappointed that I can't get it to look like it really does. irl it was more like this swatch: http://www.flickr.com/photos/26058082@N08/5557364569/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cerberus and Gasoline Rainbow are GORGEOUS! You look fantastic in all these looks. (And I happen to like smudgy eyeliner, so just pretend it was on purpose and go on with your bad self. ;) )

    ReplyDelete