Wednesday, March 30, 2011

ZOMG Smells: Jaeger #1

Website description:
Jaunty and fierce! Clean as freshly-washed dirt, sharp as a brick. Lemon oil, oak moss, patchouli, white aniseed, and a pink rose in the lapel, because...well, yu never knows...

Official Sniff Testing:

Immediately after applying I was slapped by the moss and patchouli.  I had a hard time detecting the other notes, which worried me.  Very dirty-earthy.

After the oil dried down the patchouli/moss combo settled quite a bit.  The lemon oil and floral notes were very pleasant together, if still a little faint, and I'm guessing that the aniseed was the slightly sweet, slightly spicy scent barely hanging in there.  It was a tiny bit like black jelly beans, but only the TINIEST bit---more like the idea of jelly beans than the actual scent, you know?

Throughout the day the patchouli continued to fade a little bit and the floral and aniseed notes became a little more prominent.

The scent is easily detected for about six hours.  It's been over twelve hours and I can still smell it on my wrists.  I think this is the longest I've noticed any of these perfumes lasting!

Overall Impression

I would call this a masculine floral.  It's definitely lady-friendly, though.  I think this would be a good floral scent for people who don't normally dig anything flowery.  It's like a floral with training wheels.  Patchouli training wheels.  But not hippie patchouli.  It's good patchouli.  No offense intended to any persons out there subscribing to the hippie lifestyle.

Aaaaand I guess patchouli smells like dirt.  The more you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment