Tuesday, March 1, 2011

ZOMG Smells: Kuiper Belt Objects

Website description:
In 2006, Pluto was demoted from its status as a planet to a dwarf planet, or “plutoid”. No longer the sentinel king of the outer solar system, Pluto is now just one among 70,000 known bodies orbiting in the Kuiper Belt beyond the orbit of Neptune. A BIT OF A LETDOWN, YES?

True kings can't be taken down that easily. Slowly, carefully, Pluto marshals its chief lieutenants: plutoids Eris, Makemake, and Haumea. Slowly, orbits shift. The king knows how to deal with coddled inner planets that trifle with matters beyond their ken.

A dark, heady scent that spells doom a-comin': black pepper, black amber, bitter black grapeskin, and vetiver. Just a fleck of star anise.

Official Sniff Testing

On initial application I smell a lot of pepper--not sharp, but definitely the scent of fresh pepper---and I think I'm smelling the amber and vetiver beneath that, something very earthy and a touch sweet.  There's a tiny hit of licorice in the background as well.  Don't know what grapeskin smells like.

After ~3 hours the pepper had faded and a grapey-wine scent had come forward a bit, mixing with the now subtle pepper and the smoky/green incense.  Still has the licorice scent.  The effect is a bit like a sweet red wine.

At 5 hours of wear the overall scent has faded more, and has gained a little extra sweetness.  The licorice scent is gone, leaving a mellow fruity, smoky, peppery scent behind.

After 6 hours the scent has almost completely disappeared.  If I press my nose against my wrist and sniff deeply I can catch some incense and sweetness.

Overall Impression

I liked this one quite a bit more than I expected.  I can see a sexy assassin wearing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment