Friday, March 18, 2011

ZOMG Smells: Jaeger #2

Website description:
Two leafy mints, gnarly patchouli root, balsam, and a speck of black licorice. Robust! This Jager likes long walks in the woods, getting caught in the rain, and hitting things with other things.

Official Sniff Testing

Immediately after application this was VERY minty, like crushing a handful of mint leaves---not sweet mint, but rather leafy and green.  There was also some dirt and smoke and leather going on, which might be the patchouli and balsam.

After about an hour  the mint had softened but is still the most prominent note; the leathery note has faded a bit and the woodsy-herbal scent has come forward.  There's a bit of sweetness, which I'm guessing is the licorice.  It's still on the earthy side.

3 hours ish:  again, the mint is a touch softer but still present, and the leathery scent is pretty much gone.  Right now the overall effect is rather woodsy-green with some smokey warm musk.  It's really quite delicious---like, I could see myself burying my face in a stranger's neck and just breathing if they were wearing this around me.

5 hours:  The perfume has faded but it still has the same effect as the 3-hour point.

Overall Impression

Love.  Lovelovelove.  I like this for myself, and I would find it equally attractive on a man.  It has masculine leanings, but it's not overtly "manly" like most colognes are.  *I have to admit, I don't really know what patchouli smells like.  I've always thought that it was similar to the incense sticks the potheads on campus liked to burn, but idk.

If you like long walks in the woods, going camping and minty things, this is definitely for you.  I don't know how to describe how good it is, so I'll just recommend that you try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment